Friday, October 15, 2010


Here is a sample of one of my new watercolors. I haven't worked in this medium for YEARS! Lately I have been really enjoying applying the translucent layers of paint to create something that positively glows!! This one didn't need any colored pencil to finish it off.
This is a photo of George, a young thoroughbred foal bred by a previous co-worker. I took many photos of him and his mother, Penny, years ago. I believe it was my first photo shoot with my new (at the time) Cannon 30D. George went on to be trained and raced and is still racing, as far as I know. You will more than likely see more paintings of George!
This little Thoroughbred foal painting is posted in honor of Secretariat! I was so blessed to have watched all 3 races of the Triple Crown, on TV as a kid growing up in Illinois. I think I was the only horse-crazy kid I knew of. I am so glad that this American Hero finally has a movie to commemorate him!! I am dying to see the movie!!
One of my prized possessions is a gliclee of Secretariat painted by and given to me by Bob Judy. It has a place of honor in my studio and I look at it frequently for reference and inspiration! Bob Judy passed away this year. One day I may dedicate a blog entry to him.
I hope you have had a good week and thanks for checking in for your weekly follow up appointment! Here is your weekly dose of Fine Art. Remember, it's good for you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment